My First Water Tests

This is a blog about my first time doing a water test in blender, which I have only used once before. This experience will not only benefit the production but also benefit me as I do want to learn Blender.

First of all I needed a 2D stand in double for the test shot so I grabbed a concept image and shaded the image using the burn/dodge tool in Adobe Photoshop.

                    Concept Image

                    My Shading

This shot was made possible by me following this tutorial which was very informative. This is the video:

Making an animated toon water shader for Eevee | Blender 2.8 Tutorial

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTIsEJvQddw



Above is what the water would look like. I showed this to our director Max and he said that this is what we are looking for stylized water.

Below is the 'set' I used to start the test.


These screenshots show the node menu in Blender and how I have to use them to make the final render.
It was like connecting the dots with puzzle pieces. Weird description but its a good summary.


Essentially what I did was what was shown in the tutorial. I also had to look up some key shortcuts so I could follow along better.




This render was exported in an image sequence and then exported again as a video in Blender. This didn't even take to long to render out on my computer.


Overall this experiment was a success. Max really like what I had done here. This is a good starting stone for both me and the project.





Comments