Compositing the Test Shot

 In this Final test Shot I was given the Image Sequences of these entities:

  • Betty Body with animated lighting
  • Betty Arms with animated lighting
  • Light Matte
  • Fork
  • Background Render
  • Table With Alpha Render
I imported all of these into Adobe Premiere to compile all of the photos into a full video sequence.
I then took the Premiere clips and took them to compose in After Effects


This is what After Effects looks like after all of the editing and compositions.

So what I have done for this render was layer all the shots on top of each other. Because the 3D shot here already had depth when they were rendered with 3D camera movement, I didn't need to put the scene in 3D space. The fork was an individual piece to the character so I needed to key frame the tip of the fork to the finger other wise it would look off.
With the torso, table and fish I have placed a drop shadow on them to give them depth. A neat thing about drop shadows is you can match the colours of the shadows with the scenes.
With the light Matte I have made a black and white mask from the character and placed it over the light matte. I think there might be a cleaner way of making the mask rather than using it on every piece of the character animation, however with this test shot it confirms that the light mask could work.

Here's the Final Shot.

The one thing that I think needs worked on is lighting, it might be obvious but the lighting on the character and in the background don't match up so I'm going to talk with Max the next time I see him.

Update: So the lighting from the character will need to be softer and also be hand animated to match the light flicker from the 3d scene. Something that the editing team doesn't really need to worry about. We would only need to ensure that the lighting is synced up.


Comments